An in-depth study of a modern language at advanced level,
including the major skills of writing, listening, reading and
speaking. Other aims:
- To develop awareness of various aspects of the societies
where German is spoken
- To develop a high level of communication skills and
competence in German
- To extend learners intellectually and develop their
general study skills
- To prepare learners for the use of German in work,
further study or leisure.
You will require a grade 6 in German, in addition to the general entry requirements.
Unit 1 - Spoken Expression and Response in German
Unit 2 - Understanding and Written Response in German
Topics for units 1 and 2:
Youth culture and concerns
Lifestyle: health and fitness
The world around us: travel, tourism, environmental issues and the German speaking world
Education and employment.
Unit 3 - Understanding and Spoken Response in German (further)
Unit 4 - Research, Understanding and Written Response in German
Topics for units 3 and 4:
Education and employment
Customs, religions, beliefs and traditions
National and international events: past, present and future
Literature and the arts.
- Units 1 - 3: speaking, listening, reading and
- Unit 4: translation, essay and research work.
To be provided by Dudley Sixth.