An in-depth study of a modern language at advanced level,
including the major skills of writing, listening, reading and
speaking. Other aims:
- To develop awareness of various aspects of the societies
where French is spoken
- To develop a high level of communication skills and
competence in French
- To extend learners intellectually and develop their
general study skills
- To prepare learners for the use of French at work,
further study or leisure.
You will require a grade 6 in French, in addition to the general entry requirements.
Unit 1 - Listening, Reading and Writing
Unit 2 - Writing about a Cultural Topic
Unit 3 - Speaking
Topics for all units:
- Current trends in French-speaking society
- Current issues in French-speaking society
- Artistic culture in the French-speaking world
- Aspects of political life in the French-speaking world
- One text and one film, or two texts from the list set
in the specification.
Written and oral examinations
To be provided by Dudley Sixth.